Single School Culture is a way of organizing and running a school. It begins with shared norms, beliefs, values, and goals and results in agreed upon processes and procedures that produce consistency in practice. It is not a program but a framework or process for effectively building a positive school climate rooted in shared vision, mission, and goals developed by Dr. Alison Adler.
A Single School Culture results in consistency of both adult and student practices related to academics, behavior, school climate and data.
Single School Culture Workshops
Dr. Alison Adler conducted multiple Single School Culture trainings across the state. Presentations and handouts from these trainings are available for download below.
- Single School Culture (ppt)
- Why School Climate Matters (pdf)
- Lessons Learned (pdf) and Handouts (pdf)
- Building a Single School Culture (pdf) – morning overview
- How to Norm a Rule (pdf) – afternoon practice session
- Principal’s Facilitation Guide (pdf)
2015 Principal Panel Contact Information
Oakland Principal Panel
Sacramento Principal Panel
Los Alamitos Principal Panel
San Bernadino Principal Panel
San Diego Principal Panel